Money was primarily raised via various companies sponsoring our Radical race car – a two-seater race car that competes in the Radical Middle East Cup with a Globaleye Wealth Manager behind the wheel! In return for sponsorship, companies had their logo prominently placed onto the outside of the car, which was great brand awareness for them.
For those that are brave enough, Globaleye Clients are invited out in the car for a spin around Dubai’s autodrome, which is extremely popular.
Money was also raised via a variety of internal Globaleye fundraising activities whilst Alquity also donated a portion of their fund management fees.
Specifically, money raised funded the following:
- Re-building the entire school walls to accommodate over 400 children (originally there were around 281 children attending the school)
- Building a classroom with a library to accommodate 400 children
- Building a bridge connected to the school to withstand the floods Malawi endures each year, meaning the children can cross the waters safely and continue to receive the education that is so desperately needed
- Regular maintenance on the school water well
- Regular maintenance on the bore holes and rubber seals
- Funding one meal a day for each child
- Employing parents of the students to cook the meals in the morning and plant trees to use as firewood on the stoves
The Globaleye School Building Project, in partnership with Alquity and UK registered The One Foundation, was a brilliant venture and the outcome has been a huge success. We are truly thrilled that the Project has left a lasting legacy for the families of Malawi.